how do I use this coffee equipment?
- Preheat the plunger with hot water, tipping it out before brewing.
- Grind your coffee beans (if applicable) on a coarse setting.
- Put coffee grounds into the plunger, using a ratio of 1g coffee to 15-16ml of water. This ratio should be changed to taste and bean type.
- Boil the kettle and immediately pour into the plunger.
- Using a spoon lightly stir, ensuring all coffee is wet.
- Lightly push the plunger down until just below the level of the water, which will make sure all the coffee remains wet for the entire brew time.
- Allow the coffee to brew for 5 minutes.
- Once the brew time is complete, lightly press the plunger all the way down. If you have trouble pushing it down it could be due to the grind not being coarse enough.
- Pour and drink!
- Ensure all coffee is poured out after the brew time, because if you leave it in it will continue to brew and become bitter.