how do I use this coffee equipment?
- Fill the bottom part of the Stovetop with water. Make sure you don’t fill it past the steam release valve.
- Reattach the top (filter) onto the bottom section and fill it with coffee grounds (ground fine – suitable for espresso style coffee) – do not tamp the coffee!
- Screw on the top tightly (ensure the filter plate is in place properly first).
- Place on the stovetop and apply heat.
- After around 5 minutes, you should hear the stovetop begin to gurgle which indicates there is no more water in the bottom section.
- Remove from heat and rest for half a minute.
- Stir and serve.
- Note: Another method is to brew with the lid open, waiting for the rising coffee to change colour as an indicator of when to stop brewing.